Dylan Meier Get Busy Livin’ Foundation Youth Volunteerism Grants
The Dylan Meier Get Busy Livin’ Foundation (GBL Foundation) sponsors youth-volunteerism activities through an annual granting process. The desire to serve others has always been ingrained in the GBL philosophy.
As explained on its website, the GBL Foundation:
was established in 2011 to provide support for individuals and groups that embody the values that Dylan pursued: adventure, fitness, curiosity, generosity and a daily zest for life experiences.
Since 2016, the GBL Foundation has offered grants to eligible organizations to support youth-volunteerism activities. These grants provide up to $500 in reimbursement for future activities related to youth volunteerism, such as trash pickup, maintaining neighborhood parks, or assistance at hospitals or nursing homes.
GBL Foundation grants are only available to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, schools, units of government, and religious institutions. Applications are typically available during March.
If you have any questions or would like additional information about GBL youth-volunteerism grants, contact Program Coordinator Sherri Stephens.
Dylan’s Legacy of Volunteerism
Dylan began volunteering early in his life through sports and various activities, first as a Pittsburg Purple Dragon, then as a Kansas State Wildcat, a Dresden Monarch, and a Milan Rhino. He taught leadership, hard work, and camaraderie to all he came in contact with.
Later he combined his volunteering efforts with his love for adventure and travel by making his way across New Zealand working on organic farms (see the Captain Keith sailing story), as a painter, and as a waiter in an organic café, always seizing the moment and soaking up the beauty the fiords and the people of New Zealand had to offer.
We announce GBL Youth Volunteerism grant recipients in our newsletter and on our blog and Facebook page. You can follow the links below to read our announcements going back to 2016.
- 2022: Get Busy Livin’ Foundation Announces 2022 Youth Volunteer Awards
- 2021: More Spring 2021 CFSEK Grant & Scholarship Recipients Announced
- 2020: 2020 GBL Youth Volunteerism Grant Recipients Announced!
- 2019: Youth Volunteerism Supported by GBL
- 2018: GBL grants awarded in 2018
- 2017: Dylan Meier Get Busy Livin’ Foundation Scholarship Recipients & Youth Volunteer Grant Recipients
- 2016: The GBL Foundation is pleased to announce the inaugural recipients of the GBL Youth Volunteerism grants for 2016