Are you interested in joining the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas as an integral part of our team and our work in Southeast Kansas? We are now accepting applications for a full-time Program Coordinator. You can read the job description below or view it (and apply) on Indeed.
Table of Contents
Program Coordinator Description
Position Summary: The Program Coordinator is a key contributor responsible for overseeing the granting and scholarship programs at the Community Foundation. This role involves managing the application, review, and selection processes for each of these programs. The Program Coordinator provides support and assistance for all CFSEK programming, communicating directly with applicants, awardees, donors, and review committees.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Administer all grant cycles managed by CFSEK and our affiliates.
- Build and establish new grant processes, as needed.
- Utilize Foundant’s Grant Lifecycle Management (GLM) software to:
- Annually review and update grant applications.
- Manage all communications and necessary paperwork with applicants and grantees, including grant award and declinations, grant agreements, and grantee reports.
- Provide grant review committees necessary access.
- Respond to inquiries about the grant-making process.
- Schedule and organize grant review committees.
- Foster close, supportive relationships with the grantees and other nonprofits.
- Assess the impact of grants and programs; review and analyze grantee reports.
- Provide reporting as needed for board meetings.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the purpose and criteria for each scholarship.
- Build and establish new scholarship processes, as needed.
- Utilize Foundant’s Scholarship Lifecycle Management (SLM) software to:
- Annually update the Universal Application; add or update scholarship information and supplemental requirements, as needed.
- Manage communications with students, including scholarship agreements and eligibility-requirement verification each semester.
- Communicate with scholarship review committees and provide access to applications for review.
- Work directly with high school counselors and educational institutions to help promote scholarship opportunities to students.
- Schedule and organize scholarship committee application review processes.
- Attend the review meetings and facilitate discussions.
- Communicate with scholarship fund owners regarding available funds and review scholarship information with them.
- Work with the Accounting Manager to timely process all grants and scholarship payments to recipients.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to promote CFSEK programming and its impact to different audiences.
- Collaborate with the CFSEK team to coordinate events such as the Annual Grant Celebrations, community workshops, and any other program-related events.
- Promote CFSEK programming in the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective communication with a diverse range of stakeholders and constituents.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be versatile, flexible, and multitask effectively.
- Proficient with MS Office and willingness to learn new software systems.
- Team player with strong character and integrity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proactive problem solver.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience or combination of education and experience.
- Two years of relevant work experience with grants and/or scholarships; nonprofit or community organization experience is preferred.
- Experience with grant/scholarship software is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time position (40 hours per week) with a competitive wage dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Benefits include employee health, dental, and vision insurance, plus annual SEP IRA retirement contribution, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
How to Apply
P.O. Box 1448
Pittsburg, KS 66762