The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas is always proud to assist the Dylan Meier Get Busy Livin’ Foundation in its endeavors to break down social and economic barriers by supporting SEK, encouraging volunteerism, and being generous. In memory of Dylan Meier’s life and spirit, the following organizations were selected to receive GBL Youth Volunteer Funds for 2020:
2020 Dylan Meier Get Busy Livin’ Foundation Youth Volunteerism Grant Recipients
- Cherry Street Youth Center will be cleaning and caring for animals at the local animal shelter.
- Fostering Connections will host a Foster Parent Retreat Night where parents and children will share a meal and parents will receive a training class while children enjoy a play and art night.
- Homer Cole Community Center will launch “FaceTime the Grandkids” during regular meetings held at the center using an iPad Pro and assistance from teen volunteers.
- Labette County Fair Board/Boy Scouts Troop # 10: Boy Scouts Troop #10 will gather trash and garbage for the five nights of the Labette County Fair.
- Oswego Jr.-Sr. High School students will host a community cleanup for businesses and residents in the community. The grant will help with needed supplies.
- Parsons Recreation Commission: Winway and Marvel Park ball fields will be updated and ready for summer play with supplies purchased from the grant and the help of youth who participate in their programming.
- SEK Humane Society will provide materials for volunteers at Volunteer Training Days available to all 16 or older.
- Special Olympics Kansas: SEK Regional Bowling youth volunteers will receive a volunteer T-shirt, and volunteers and athletes will receive a meal at the bowling event.
- Thrive Allen County: Humboldt High School RESIST Chapter members and other recruited volunteers will conduct a cigarette-butt-pickup day for Humboldt’s tobacco-free parks. Gloves, containers, and lunch will be provided to all volunteers through the grant funds.
Congratulations to all recipients, and thank you for the good work you continue to do in Southeast Kansas communities!