At the Pittsburg Knights of Columbus Hall late last month, 10 local nonprofits were awarded grants from the inaugural Knights of Columbus Endowment Fund competitive grant process. The Knights of Columbus Endowment Fund is one of more than 170 charitable funds held at the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas (CFSEK).
Table of Contents
This year’s grant recipients
CFSEK and the Knights of Columbus Pittsburg Council 883 are proud to announce the recipients of this year’s Knights of Columbus Endowment Fund grants:
- Catholic Charities, Inc. will offer permanent-housing supportive services such as paying rental application fees, rental payments, utility payments, and providing household supplies for cleaning and food.
- Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas will provide home repair and maintenance services to seniors at a cost based on their ability to pay.
- DBLO Association gives beds and related items to children in low-income households.
- Families and Children Together, Inc. will offer Transitional Living Welcome Home Kits containing basic necessities and household goods to residents of Oakplace, a transitional housing unit.
- Mosaic will purchase assistive technology and provide sensory experiences to increase the independence of people with disabilities and enhance their quality of life.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Youth Ministry will sponsor a three-day mission trip to offer repairs and upkeep for homes in the Pittsburg area.
- Sacred Heart Community Food Pantry will provide produce and fresh food to clients in conjunction with the Kansas Health Foundation.
- The Salvation Army will help Crawford County families at risk of homelessness pay their rent and utilities.
- Wesley House will offer temporary housing alternatives to help clients in the process of finding long-term housing.
- Wildcat District K-State Research and Extension will give Kitchen Restore Starter Kits containing basic kitchen essentials to low-resource residents.
About the Knights of Columbus Endowment Fund
The Knights of Columbus Endowment Fund was established in August 2021 to continue the mission of the Knights of Columbus Tower in Pittsburg through an annual grant cycle. Grants are available for programs and projects that accomplish any of the following for the elderly, handicapped, and low-income families and individuals of Pittsburg, Kansas, and the surrounding area:
- Provide assistance for housing, rent, or utilities;
- Provide health and human services to meet their educational, social, physical, spiritual, and psychological needs;
- Promote their health, security, happiness, and usefulness; or
- Improve community services for them.
Learn more about CFSEK funds
The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas is pleased to host the Knights of Columbus Endowment Fund and is proud to assist local nonprofits through the Fund’s annual grant process.
If you have an interest in establishing a grantmaking fund, please contact CFSEK to learn more.
Last updated August 3, 2022