In 2007, a group of compassionate women came together to pool their time and resources to make an immediate impact on women’s health in Southeast Kansas. As a result, these community volunteers and philanthropists formed the Rita J. Bicknell Women’s Health Fund Women’s Giving Circle.
Last year, the Women’s Health Fund grew with the addition of the Circle of Friends giving circle.
Both of these giving circles share a common mission “[t]o improve the health and well being of women by supporting education, increasing awareness and sharing quality of life opportunities to benefit all women.”
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2014 RJB Women’s Health Fund grants:
Table of Contents
Women’s Giving Circle Grant Recipients
- Angels Among Us: Purchase wigs for women whose cancer treatment results in hair loss.
- Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas: Purchase two continuous glucose monitors.
- Labette County Medical Center: Implement breast health and osteoporosis learning center.
- Mount Carmel Foundation, Inc.: Provide turbans and bras for cancer patients.
Circle of Friends Grant Recipients
- Hannah’s Promise Pregnancy Life Center Inc.: Provide curriculum for the Earn While You Learn Parenting Program.
- Southeast Kansas Interlocal #637: Purchase educational DVDs for young girls and teenage girls on self care and self-care training; purchase instruments such as blood pressure cuffs and thermometers to promote health.
- Women’s Resource Center of Southeast Kansas: Purchase one Mobile Electronic Tablet and Keyboard to provide interactive education on pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections/diseases.