Last updated July 29, 2021.
The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas (CFSEK) is pleased to announce that the 2020 Future Fund Giving Circle grant application is now available through August 31, 2020. The Future Fund provides grants for Crawford County, Kansas, nonprofit organizations, schools, and religious and governmental organizations. This year’s grant application can be found on the Future Fund page of our website and is due by August 31, 2020.
Keep reading to learn more about Future Fund grants.
Table of Contents
What are Future Fund grants?
Established in 2005, the CFSEK Future Fund is composed of a group of community members who pool their resources for important charitable projects in Crawford County, Kansas.
In 2019, the Future Fund awarded $14,586 to support 16 Crawford County organizations, with the amount of each grant ranging from $236 to $2,500. Past projects that received grants from the Future Fund include:
- The Family Resource Center provided book bags and books to families with infants and toddlers.
- The Girard Warriors Youth Track Club purchased javelins and shot puts for their track-and-field athletes.
- PSU Exercise Science students worked with local firefighters on a Wellness Fitness Initiative.
- Quilts of Valor purchased materials to create quilts to honor local veterans for their service.
- SEK Women Helping Women: A Fairy Godmother’s Fund provided grants to support needed car repair or insurance assistance for families.
For a full list of 2019 grant recipients, see our Future Fund page.
For 2020, the Future Fund Review Committee hopes to award a total of $15,622 to local nonprofits.
Who can apply for Future Fund grants?
Future Fund grants are only available for 501(c)(3) organizations, educational institutions, units of government, and religious organizations in Crawford County, Kansas. If you’re uncertain whether your group or organization is eligible for a grant, please contact us for help.
How to apply for a Future Fund grant
To apply for a Future Fund grant, download the grant application from our website or request it by emailing Sherri Stephens. You can submit your application in one of three ways:
- Email to Sherri Stephens (Preferred)
- Mail to: Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas
P.O. Box 1448
Pittsburg, KS 66762
- Hand delivery to the drop box outside our office in the basement of the Commerce Bank building in Pittsburg:100 S. Broadway, Ste. 100
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Your application should be typed, one-sided, and not stapled. It should include proof of nonprofit status if not already on file with CFSEK.
Applications must be returned to CFSEK by August 31, 2020.