Are you interested in joining the CFSEK team and supporting our work in Southeast Kansas? We are now accepting applications for a part-time Marketing and Communications Coordinator. You can read the job description below or view it on Facebook or Indeed.
Table of Contents
Marketing and Communications Coordinator Description
Position Summary: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator works closely with the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas (CFSEK) team, with the goal of enhancing external communications and marketing. The position is responsible for supporting our mission by managing CFSEK’s social media accounts, increasing public visibility, maintaining media relations, content/story generation, and facilitating communications with CFSEK’s affiliates, donors, and nonprofit partners.
Reports To: Executive Director
- Prepare and organize mailings to donors, nonprofit partners, and other stakeholders
- Identify impactful stories from grantees, donors, and other sources
- Demonstrate good storytelling skills through written content
- Coordinate production of communications materials
- Work with Program Coordinator on communications to grant and scholarship applicants, recipients, and review committees
- Assist Executive Director with other communications projects, as needed.
Public and Media Relations
- Develop and manage content, messaging, and storytelling about the nonprofit community for external stakeholders and the general public
- Create press releases and media invites for CFSEK events
- Support the CFSEK team with content and materials for community outreach and education
- Produce content to engage and educate audiences across various channels, including e-newsletters, blog posts, graphics, website, and social media
- Create and update marketing materials, such as brochures and mailers
- Promote and market CFSEK events, workshops, forums, and seminars
- Work with CFSEK team to provide content for CFSEK and affiliate websites
- Create and oversee a unified marketing calendar
- Develop and execute social media activities across multiple platforms
- Organize social media campaigns for events and plan upcoming content calendars
- Work with affiliates to supply relevant content and posting on their pages
- Answer phones, assist walk-in visitors, and additional administrative/clerical duties
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Requirements and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills. A positive attitude with customer service experience and the ability to connect with various stakeholders.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office. Experience with graphic arts software is a plus. Willingness to become proficient with CFSEK’s CRM.
- Proven experience in social media management and analytics. Experience with other social media platforms is preferred.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit community, especially related to charitable giving and granting is preferred.
- Demonstrated a passion for community involvement and the ability to interact effectively with individuals and groups.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work and adjust to multiple demands. Demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
- Flexible, team player with a positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively with a variety of partners.
- Professional, well-organized, respectful, with strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of relevant experience or combination of education and experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Twenty hours (20) per week, part-time position. $15.00 to $17.00 per hour, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Benefits include prorated holiday Paid Time Off and SEP IRA retirement contribution. Health insurance is not available for part-time positions.
How To Apply
P.O. Box 1448
Pittsburg, KS 66762