Applications for the Women’s Health Fund grant process were due September 30, 2022. The original version of this post follows:
The Rita J. Bicknell Women’s Health Fund (WHF) giving circles, the Women’s Giving Circle (WGC) and the Circle of Friends Giving Circle (COF), are pleased to make available their annual grant opportunity to Southeast Kansas nonprofits in support of the WHF mission to
improve the health and wellbeing of women by supporting education, increasing awareness and sharing quality of life opportunities to benefit all women.
Please consider this mission statement as you complete your grant application.
You can apply through our online application by following this link or clicking the button below:
Table of Contents
There are two grant categories available from the Rita J. Bicknell Women’s Health Fund:
- Grant requests greater than $2,000 are funded from the Women’s Giving Circle. In 2021, the WGC awarded $36,678 to 8 SEK nonprofit recipients. Awards averaged $4,585 and ranged from $810 to $12,665.
- Grant requests $2,000 or less are funded from the Circle of Friends Giving Circle. The COF awarded $7,100 to 4 recipients. Awards averaged $1,775 and ranged from $1,500 to $2,000.
Projects in Bourbon, Cherokee, Crawford, and Labette counties received funding from the two giving circles.
A history of 2021 funded projects is available.
Important information for applicants
Please keep the following information in mind:
- Southeast Kansas nonprofits are encouraged to apply.
- Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
- Notification of grant-selection decisions is approximately one month after the due date.
- Once an application is submitted it cannot be edited.
- By submitting an application, you are verifying the accuracy of the information and understand this is a one-time-only grant award.
- In the event your project is funded, you agree to submit an evaluation report and project photos upon completion of the project, or by August 31 of the following year, and follow publicity guidelines. Grant payments will be sent as soon as possible and will take approximately 2- 4 weeks after the grant agreement is submitted.
- Evaluation reports from previously funded projects will be considered as part of the selection process.
Project expenses typically NOT funded:
- Ongoing operating expenses/salaries/stipends/personnel costs
- Mileage reimbursement or travel costs
- Building /construction projects/capital improvements
- Religious activities unless the project serves the general public regardless of religious affiliation
- Political activities
Contact Sherri Stephens with any questions as you prepare your application.
We look forward to receiving your grant proposal.
Last updated October 3, 2022.