The purpose of the Elm Acres Foundation, Inc. is to provide support for at-risk youth in the Southeast Kansas community (Crawford, Cherokee and Labette counties), including supporting any entities that provide services for at-risk youth.
The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas is pleased to be the host agency for the Elm Acres Foundation Fund. Established as the Pittsburg Area Community Foundation in 2001, the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas is a public non-profit Foundation. Specifically, the Foundation serves the region helping individuals, businesses and municipalities fulfill their charitable giving goals in ways that benefit the common good and improve the quality of life. The Fort Scott Area Community Foundation and the Girard Area Community Foundation are affiliates. The Foundation inspires a passion for generosity in each community that we serve. The Foundation is an affiliate of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. If you would like to know more about the CFSEK, we invite you to visit the foundation website www.southeastkansas.org or call 620-231-8897.
The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas Announces 2017 Inaugural Elm Acres Foundation grant recipients
The Elm Acres Foundation and the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas would like to congratulate the following 2017 grant recipients:
- Communities in Schools (CIS) will initiate another CIS FEEDS: Families Engaged by Eating Dinners by providing at-risk children and youth access to a healthy meal outside the school day in one other USD 250 elementary school in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Family Resource Center – Crawford County Diaper Stock 2017 will develop a resource to supplement diapers/wipes to low income families caring for infants/toddlers in Crawford County.
- Partnership for All Cherokee County Children, Inc. will assist at-risk middle and high school aged youth in state custody/foster care with the purchase of items needed for participation in extra- curricular school activities and graduation needs.
- The Restorative Justice Authority will receive assistance with Evidence Based Community Programming curriculum and transportation.
- Wesley House – Disability Mentoring Day promotes career development and skill building for individuals with disabilities.
- Wesley House – Family Stability Action Program-Bring Your ‘A’ Game to Work will provide at risk teenagers with the opportunity to receive employment training resulting in certification.