Last updated September 1, 2021
Update: Future Fund grant applications were due August 31, 2021.
The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas (CFSEK) is pleased to announce that the 2021 Future Fund grant application is now available through August 31, 2021. The Future Fund Giving Circle provides grants for Crawford County, Kansas, nonprofit organizations, schools, and religious and governmental organizations. This year’s grant application can be found on our Future Fund page and is due by August 31, 2021.
Keep reading to learn more about Future Fund grants.
Table of Contents
What are Future Fund grants?
Established in 2005, the CFSEK Future Fund is a group of community members who pool their resources for important charitable projects in Crawford County, Kansas. For 2021, the Future Fund Review Committee hopes to award a total of $16,630 to local organizations.
2020 Future Fund grant recipients
In 2020, the Future Fund awarded $15,622 to 17 Crawford County organizations. Those awards ranged from $320 to $2,000, and included the following projects:
- The Cato Historical Preservation Association performed maintenance on the historic Cato rock school.
- Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas purchased clothing and other supplies for its Baby4Baby packets.
- The Crawford County Historical Museum purchased 5 iPad stands, adding interactive experiences to promote student engagement and education. (You can watch a video about this project on our YouTube channel.)
- Eastern Kansas Adult Education provided GED Ready official practice tests to prepare its students to pass the GED test.
- The Family Resource Center bought new sleeping cots for use in its three-to-four-year-olds classrooms.
- Homer Cole Community Center purchased new meeting tables to present a more attractive venue.
- Kansas Children’s Service League provided education and resources for families to understand how to help their children when they are sick.
- Kansas Kids @ GEAR UP will offer incentives for students who participate in virtual after-school tutoring, critical-thinking activities, and academic workshops.
- Live Well Crawford County offered prize packs for 5th-grade students who won its “Kick Butts” poster contest.
- Osage Rural Fire Department District No. 1 purchased and installed a backup power generator for emergency use.
- Pittsburg Mother to Mother Ministry provided meals, babysitting, and door prizes for participants in its monthly group meetings.
- The PSU Foundation purchased supplies and equipment for a new Crawford County mural to be created by the PSU Art Department in downtown Pittsburg.
- The Southeast Kansas Humane Society purchased two industrial-sized fans to improve airflow in its main shelter dog kennel.
- Special Olympics Kansas provided box lunches for Crawford County athletes at Special Olympics Kansas events in Crawford County.
- The Salvation Army gave new socks to families in need who received the community Christmas Distribution in Crawford County.
- Wesley House purchased equipment and food supplies to provide car-side pick-up from the food pantry during winter months.
- The Women’s Resource Center of Southeast Kansas purchased additional licenses to increase the number of individuals who could participate in online parenting classes.
For more information about our 2020 grant recipients, see the Grant Celebration 2020 newsletter.
Who can apply for Future Fund grants?
Future Fund grants are only available for 501(c)(3) organizations, educational institutions, units of government, and religious organizations in Crawford County, Kansas. If you’re uncertain whether your group or organization is eligible for a grant, please contact us for help.
How to apply for a Future Fund grant
To apply for a Future Fund grant, download the Future Fund grant application from our Future Fund page or request it by emailing Sherri Stephens. You can submit your application in one of three ways:
- (Preferred) Email to Sherri Stephens using our contact form or her email address
- Mail to: Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas
P.O. Box 1448
Pittsburg, KS 66762
- Hand delivery to the drop box outside our office in the basement of the Commerce Bank building in Pittsburg: 100 S. Broadway, Ste. 100
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Your application should be typed, one-sided, and not stapled. For electronic submissions, please merge all application pages into one document. Your application should include proof of nonprofit status if not already on file with CFSEK and no other attachments.
Applications must be returned to CFSEK by August 31, 2021.