Seventeen Crawford County nonprofit organizations recently received good news: The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas (CFSEK) has selected its Future Fund Giving Circle grant awards for 2021. A total of five Crawford County communities received grant funding in the amount of $16,630.
The Future Fund Giving Circle is a philanthropic group composed of Crawford County residents who pool their resources to make a difference in their communities. Contributors’ gifts to the Future Fund allow grants to be awarded to nonprofit organizations in Crawford County.
The nonprofits receiving 2021 Future Fund Giving Circle grant funding, along with a brief description of their grant-funded projects are:
Table of Contents
2021 Future Fund Grant Recipients
- Chicopee Foundation on behalf of Cato School: Cato celebration for kids.
- Children’s Advocacy Center: Interview room updates.
- City of Girard Fire Department: Fire prevention in our homes.
- Family Resource Center: Washable, reusable masks.
- First United Methodist Church Wesley House: Reusable drawstring bags.
- Fostering Connections: Healthy family bonding.
- Kansas Big Brothers Big Sisters: Let’s Serve S’more Kids event.
- Kansas Children’s Service League: Cleaning supply baskets.
- McCune Lion’s Club: High tunnel.
- Miners Hall Museum: Research Made Simple.
- Quilts of Valor: Creating Quilts of Valor.
- Southeast Kansas Humane Society: Technology updates.
- Special Olympics Kansas: Medals for athletes.
- Victory Life Church: Sonshine Childcare Center.
- Wildcat Extension Education Foundation: Broomsedge Project.
- Women Helping Women: HELP.
- Women’s Resource Center (Vie Medical Clinic): The Great Expansion.
CFSEK is pleased to manage the Future Fund Giving Circle and is proud to assist in awarding grants on an annual basis.
On behalf of the Future Fund Giving Circle members and CFSEK, congratulations to the 2021 grant recipients!
If you are interested in learning more, including how you can join the Future Fund, please feel free to contact us!
Featured image: Select 2020 Future Fund grant recipients.