Every summer, the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas (CFSEK) Grant Review Committee awards funding to programs focusing on Basic Human Needs, Youth Activities, and Arts & Culture. CFSEK is pleased to announce General Grant Funds totaling $155,000 have been awarded to 45 nonprofit organizations in Southeast Kansas representing 20 communities in 6 counties. Since 2004, the funds directly managed by CFSEK have provided hundreds of thousands of dollars to many Southeast Kansas nonprofit projects.
The Community Foundation continues to celebrate its 20th anniversary by encouraging charitable giving benefiting the common good and the quality of life in our region. CFSEK focuses on “inspiring leadership with programming that is responsive to the interests and needs of those we serve now and in the future.”
The following grants were awarded during the 2021 General Grant Cycle:
Table of Contents
Basic Human Needs ($56,652)
- Caney Valley Agape Network: Protective supplies for volunteers.
- Catholic Charities, Inc.: Homeless and housing services.
- Class LTD: Client emergency assistance funds.
- Communities in Schools, Inc.: Basic needs support for students in schools in SEK.
- Community Health Center of SEK: Baby basics for the Baby4Baby program.
- First Baptist Church of Riverton Kansas: Share with love food bank.
- First United Methodist Church Wesley House: Safety supplies for the homeless program.
- Homer Cole Community Center: Security cameras.
- Kansas Food Bank Warehouse, Inc.: Food 4 Kids weekend backpack program.
- Labette County Emergency Assistance Center: Emergency funding for Labette County residents.
- Mount Carmel Foundation: Save a life by providing critical inhalers.
- Olive Street Presents, Ltd. : Bringing local stages to life.
- Sacred Heart Parish: Thanksgiving meal turkey distribution.
- SEK Animal Advocates Society: Services to support permanent homes for animals.
- Spring River Mental Health & Wellness: Medication assistance and organization.
- TFI Family Services, Inc.: Calming kits.
- The Beacon: Basic nutritional needs through their food bank.
- The Salvation Army: Emergency utility and rental assistance.
Youth Activities ($87,000)
- Boy Scouts of America: Hooked on Scouting recruitment campaign.
- Cherry Street Youth Center, Inc.: Art Enrichment.
- Children’s Advocacy Center, Inc.: Go Blue SEK kickoff event.
- City of Girard: Frisbee Golf Course.
- City of Parsons: Parsons Area splash pad.
- Coffeyville Regional Medical Center Foundation: Childbirth Education Curriculum and Equipment.
- Curious Minds Discovery Zone, Inc.: ‘Rigamajig’
- Family Resource Center: Software update.
- First United Methodist Church Wesley House: Coats for Kids.
- Girls Scouts of the Missouri Heartland: Disaster Preparedness weekend campout.
- MEM-Erie Historical Society: Discovering Memories through interactive programming.
- Pittsburg Community Child Care Learning Center: Poured in place rubber playground surface.
- PSU Foundation, Inc.: PSU Media Production Camp.
- PSU Foundation, Inc.: Affordable service provision for children with reading difficulties.
- Safehouse Crisis Center: Creating for Healing: a project for the children of Safehouse services.
- Southeast Kansas Community Action Program: Early Learning Center flooring.
- Special Olympics Kansas: SEK athlete recognition.
- The Salvation Army: Stocking stuffers for Christmas.
- USD 234 Winfield Scott Leadership Club: Healthy snacks.
- USD 246 Northeast Elementary/JH: Back to School Bash.
- USD 246 Northeast Elementary/JH: Magazines in the classroom.
- USD 506: Junior High Color Guard flags.
- Victory Life Church: Back 2 School event
- Women’s Resource Center Vie Medical Clinic: Come Play with Me safe play space for children.
Arts & Culture ($1,348)
- Olive Street Presents, Ltd.: Bringing local stages to life.
CFSEK Affiliates ($10,000)
- Fort Scott Area Community Foundation: FSACF Youth Activities granting.
- Girard Area Community Foundation: GACF Youth Activities granting.
The CFSEK Board of Trustees and staff congratulate all the 2021 grant recipients!
If you are interested in establishing a grantmaking fund with CFSEK, please contact us!
Featured image: Select 2020 General Funds grant recipients.