Table of Contents
Start Spreading the News!
Good news! The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas is having its first ever Match Day!
On Tuesday, November 29, 2016, a one-day event celebrating charitable giving on National Giving Tuesday, the Community Foundation will provide $20,000 to match gifts made to agency and organization CFSEK endowed funds. The match will be prorated on a percentage basis.
All donations to an organization and the match donation from CFSEK will be placed in the organization’s endowment fund.
An organization’s endowment funds are invested for the purpose of producing present and future income annually for distribution to be used for operating, programming, or a special project.
Method of Donating on November 29th
- For a 24-hour period, donations can be made online at SoutheastKansas.org.
- In person at the Community Foundation office at 100 S. Broadway, Suite 100, Pittsburg, KS between 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- By check mailed to PO Box 1448, Pittsburg, KS 66762 with a postmark of November 29th, 2016.
Donations to endowed funds will be eligible for a prorated match. Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Donations can be made to multiple eligible organizations having endowment funds. Donors can choose to be anonymous.
Receipts will be issued to each individual making a donation.
Checks should be made to the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas, writing the name of the organization being donated to in the memo line or submitted with a donation form.
The following endowed agency/organization funds are eligible for Match Day funds:
- Angels Among Us
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters
- Big Brutus
- Children’s Advocacy Center
- Elm Acres Foundation
- Family Resource Center
- Franklin Community Council
- Healthcare Access for All
- Homer Cole Community Center
- J.L. Hutchinson League
- McCune United Methodist Church
- Mother to Mother Ministry
- Mount Carmel Foundation
- Northeast School District 246
- Pittsburg Beautiful
- Pittsburg Public Library Foundation
- Pittsburg USD 250 Foundation
- Safehouse Crisis Center
- Southeast Kansas Humane Society
- Stilwell Heritage & Education
- St. Mary’s Colgan School
- United Way of Southwest Missouri & Southeast Kansas
Last updated Oct. 22, 2021