The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas is hosting its seventh annual Match Day on November 29, 2022, National Giving Tuesday! As it has every Giving Tuesday since 2016, CFSEK will offer funding to match community gifts to the endowed agency funds of many local nonprofit organizations. Each participating fund will receive a prorated match out of the match funds based on total donations received, up to 20% of the total match pool.
This year, the match pool for Match Day includes $50,000 from the Community Foundation and $1,000 from a generous donor’s donor-advised fund, bringing the total available to $51,000!
By participating in Match Day 2022, you will help support the participating organizations and the Southeast Kansas communities they serve for years to come!
Table of Contents
Match Day Basics
Since 2016, CFSEK has hosted Match Day every year on Giving Tuesday, the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Match Day is an exciting fundraising opportunity that gives participating nonprofits the chance to grow their endowed funds held with CFSEK. All Match Day donations and match amounts are placed in the nonprofits’ CFSEK endowed funds. Those funds are then invested to produce present and future income for distributions that can be used for those nonprofits’ operating expenses, programming, and special projects.
Since the first Match Day, the annual event has raised nearly $980,000 in community contributions and CFSEK match amounts for local organizations’ endowments. The community response to Match Day has always been phenomenal, and we look forward to surpassing $1 million raised as a result of this year’s Match Day!
How We Calculate Match Amounts
Each participating agency’s endowed fund is entitled to 100% of community contributions designated for it, plus a prorated match out of the $51,000 match pool. In other words, each fund will receive a portion of the $51,000 match pool that is proportionate to the fund’s share of community donations on Match Day, subject to a 20% limit.
For example, if a nonprofit’s fund received 10% of total community donations on Match Day, then it would receive 10% of the total match pool, which is $5,100. If it received 25% of the community’s Match Day donations, then it would be limited to 20% of the total match pool, which is $10,200.
Organizations Participating in Match Day
We have another record-breaking Match Day in store for 2022, as we have 36 organizations with endowed funds participating! This year’s participants are:
- Angels Among Us
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Big Brutus
- Catholic Charities, Inc.
- Chicopee Foundation
- Children’s Advocacy Center
- Family Resource Center
- Food Security Fund (Wesley House)
- Franklin Community Park
- Friends of the SEK Symphony
- Frontenac Education Fund
- Healthcare Access for All (CHC/SEK)
- Homer Cole Community Center
- Humanities Kansas
- J.L. Hutchinson League
- Knights of Columbus Endowment Fund
- Miners Hall Museum Foundation
- Mount Carmel Foundation
- Nightingale Endowment of the RJB Women’s Health Fund (PSU Simulation Hospital)
- Northeast USD 246 Education Foundation
- Pittsburg Beautiful
- Pittsburg Family YMCA (Membership & Youth Programs)
- Pittsburg Mother to Mother Ministry
- Pittsburg Public Library Foundation
- PSU Foundation
- SEK Humane Society
- SEK Interlocal #637
- SEK Women Helping Women: A Fairy Godmother’s Fund
- Special Olympics Kansas
- St. Mary’s Colgan Catholic Schools
- The Lord’s Diner
- The Salvation Army
- United Way SWMO & SEK
- USD 250 Educational Foundation
- Wildcat Extension District Education Foundation
How You Can Get Involved
As always, the Community Foundation is offering several ways to donate on Match Day:
- Hand deliver your donation to our office by November 29. You can bring your donation and a completed Match Day donation form (PDF) to our office in the basement of the Commerce Bank building in Pittsburg, 100 S. Broadway St., Suite 100.
- Donate online on November 29. The week of November 29, we’ll launch a special section at the top of our Donate page for Match Day donations. Simply select one or more participating funds you’d like to donate to and complete your donation on PayPal’s website. You’ll be able to donate through PayPal whether or not you have a PayPal account.
- Mail a check with a postmark no later than November 30. You can mail your check to us at P.O. Box 1448, Pittsburg, KS 66762. Be sure to include a completed Match Day donation form (PDF) so we can know which organizations you’d like your donation to benefit.
For donations by check, please make your check payable to the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas. If you aren’t using a donation form (PDF) with your check, simply write the organization name(s) in the memo line.
Questions? Contact Us!
Last updated September 28, 2023